When a friend hooked me up with an amazing recipe, I had to share it with you guys!
So this is my first time making banana bread! I can’t believe I’ve never made it until now. It was delicious, but I’ll be honest and say it didn’t rise as much as I’d hoped for but thats probably because my oven is really, really crap. But now I know to keep it baking in the oven for a little longer than usual. The preparation is super easy and all you need is a few simple ingredients….
5 bananas (4 for the mixture, one to slice and decorate the top of the loaf)
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
150g caster sugar
2/3 cup of oil (I used coconut)
175g plain flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees
2. Blend with whisk or food processor 4 bananas, eggs, oil, vanilla and caster sugar in a bowl until combined.
3. Sift in the plain flour, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda to the mix. Stir in slowly. Try not to over stir.
4. Pour mixture into a non-stick loaf tin then top with the 7 or 8 sliced of banana.
5. Place in oven and bake for 55-60 mins.
6. Once cooked, place on cooling rack until cold.
7. Serve along side a cup of tea and a generous helping of Nutella or raspberry coulois on top!
Now depending on your oven you may have to cook it a little longer, my oven is pretty old and rusty so I should of known to keep it in there for an extra 5 minutes perhaps. Do a test by poking a knife in the middle and if it comes away clean it’s cooked 🙂
I have to thank my lovely friend Emily for the recipe. She is queeeen of making cute things in the kitchen. Find her Instagram here. If you enjoyed this recipe let me know! I’d love to hear your suggestions on what I should try and make next 🙂