Christmas shopping can be the most stressful part of the festive period, Here’s how I made it easy..
Firstly, I must admit I’ve never been one to find Christmas shopping a breeze. I always end up getting caught in a mad frantic rush & 30 minutes queues… But things have changed this year. This year I’m so prepared! I’ve got a few more gifts to grab but apart from that I’m done. That’s got to be the first time in my life I’ve been so organised. So Anyway, let me share with you my top tips on Christmas shopping & some of my favourite locations to shop and get into the Christmas spirit!
Tips On Surviving Christmas Shopping
- Eat & Stay Caffeinated! – Christmas shopping doesn’t have to be tiresome! It sounds like common sense but I often forget how much energy is used walking up and down Oxford St which means my small breakfast was not enough to keep me going. Eat up a big breakfast, grab a double espresso and you’ll be alright.
- Get There Early – I’ve managed to do all my Christmas shopping in just a few hours because I decided to leave a little earlier than usual & no, 11am is not earlier. I’m talking 8/9am. Whatever time shops open in your area, make sure you’re the first in store. You’ll almost have the place to yourself!
- Have a Rough List Prepared – If you don’t write a list of gift ideas before you leave for the shops you’ll end up spending so much more money than intended. Have a rough idea of what people want, jot it down and go. It’ll also save a lot of your time.
- Go Solo – Maybe a personal preference but it works great for me. When I shop alone I get things done so much quicker & I tend to spend less too. As I’m not waiting on a friend to make her purchases and there is no one to persuade me to buy more.
- If All Else Fails… Shop Online – One way to skip out on all the stress is to just stay home with a cup of tea and shop from your warm, cosy bed. Not as fun, not as festive but it obviously saves a lot of time & effort travelling to & from and will get all your presents delivered to your door.
Now, if you do plan on heading into London to do some Christmas Shopping, these are my favourite places…
Liberty’s of London
If you’re heading to any of the above to do some Christmas Shopping I’d love to hear if my tips and recommendations were helpful for you!