Starting off with a classic.
Let me just mention this before we get into this blog post. All, I repeat all recipes I share with you are going to be easy as pie and cheap to make. I’m one of those people who loves to cook but doesn’t have much patience and I’m always too hungry to be marinating, baking, etc. The quick and easy recipes I’ve learnt living independently are delicious and I can’t wait to start sharing them with you.
Pesto is a very simple yet delicious alternative to your regular Neapolitan sauce. I make my pesto with cashew nuts because 1. they are a hell of a lot cheaper than pine nuts and 2. cashew nuts were all I had in the house one time and it turned out to be a masterpiece. P.S one time I tried walnuts and it was a BIG mistake. [In my opinion stick to pine or cashew nuts]. Some add parmesan which is a great addition, I chose to stay clear of the dairy this time and save a few pennies.
For this Pesto Pasta recipe you will need –
- 2oog dried pasta [your favourite]
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 2 handfuls of fresh Basil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- halved cherry tomatoes to finish
- Cook pasta in slightly salted water for around 10 minutes. Drain and return to pan
- Meanwhile add your cashew nuts, basil, pinch of salt and olive oil to a blender / food processor and mix for around 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add pesto to pasta, toss to combine and serve!
That is it!
Have you made Pesto before? How did it go? and what’s your favourite way to eat pasta?